Sunday, June 14, 2009

I WALKED ACROSS A LAWN TODAY

I walked across a lawn today

And saw a butterfly.

It fluttered down close to the ground

Then up into the sky.


It was a pretty shade of blue

Tho interspersed with red.

It fluttered here. It fluttered there,

Then to a flowerbed.


It picked a rose still moist with dew

And fluttered there to it.

Then as I silently looked on

It settled down and lit.


It went about its business there

Like I was not around.

So I stood there just watching it

And dared not make a sound.


It took the nectar from that rose

Then to the next it went.

It did the same thing to each one

Until they all were spent.


And as I watched it like before

It fluttered to the sky.

I watched it go till out of sight

Then softly said goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment